Facilities and Information
Situated in the grounds of a Grade II Listed Building, Green Man Cottage is a single-storey, detached, self-contained cottage, offering the following accommodation:
- Two bedrooms; one double, one twin.
- Open plan living/dining area with log burning stove and electric heating throughout. Electricity is included in the price.
- Fully fitted kitchen, including electric oven and hob, fridge, freezer, microwave oven, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Spacious shower room with handrail in the shower cubicle. Dressing gowns and hairdryer provided.
- Private garden with patio and BBQ.
- Off-road parking for two vehicles. Secure garaging can be provided for motorcycles upon request and bicycle storage is available.
- Picturesque village location, with a village pub and a newly refurbished children's play park, just two miles from Belvoir Castle and the recently opened Belvoir Castle 'Engine Yard' selection of local shops.
- Beautiful surrounding countryside, with access to the Grantham Canal.
- All linen, towels and bath robes are provided free of charge.
- A 'Breakfast Welcome Pack' including free-range eggs from the chickens next door (when available) is supplied for your first breakfast or two.
- There is free WiFi internet access.
Green Man Cottage nestles in the village of Redmile, two miles from Belvoir castle in the beautiful Vale of Belvoir. The village has a 'gastro-pub', with both fixed price and 'A la carte' menus, and further facilities (Co-op, Post Office, Spar, butchers etc) are to be found in the nearby village of Bottesford.
Redmile is close to the A1 and has easy access to the market towns of Grantham (10m), Newark (12m), Melton Mowbray (14m) - home of the world famous pork pie - as well as being just 33 miles from the historic city of Lincoln and 20 miles from Nottingham.
Grantham railway station is just 1hr and 10mins from London, King's Cross. East Midlands Airport is 33 miles away and we are an easy 25 minute journey (15 miles) from the National Watersports Centre at Holme Pierrepont.
The local area is a haven for wildlife and is ideal for walking and cycling. There is local access to fishing lakes and nearby golf courses. Manufacturers of Stilton cheese can be visited at Colston Bassett and Cropwell Bishop.
Both weekly holidays and short breaks are available - please inquire with specific dates, or use the online booking button.
We do not allow pets at the property.
No Smoking allowed inside the property.
Whilst we are not formally accredited with a Disability Accessibility Rating, we can provide a front door ramp and vehicular access at the front door. Once inside there is full access for a wheelchair to the hallway/living/dining/kitchen area as well as to the spacious shower room. There is a grab handle to the left of the front door and also inside the shower cubicle.
Local Redmile taxi company.