Green Man Cottage is a single storey building situated in the grounds of the owners’ Grade II listed cottage. We have tried to provide as much information as possible in this statement; please feel free to contact us if you have further questions.
- We have a basic website www.greenmancottage.co.uk which has a page showing internal and external photographs of the property and its garden.
- We can be contacted by telephone or email (see below).
- The postcode is NG13 0GB (no.8), should you require it for satellite navigation or a supermarket delivery (please confirm convenient delivery time with the owner prior to booking).
- We are situated adjacent to the old Peacock Inn (now residential housing) on Church Corner, Redmile.
- Our entrance is down a driveway on the right hand side, past Church Farm.
- Proceed down the drive past the cottage on the left and Green Man Cottage is at the end of the drive on the right hand side.
- Parking for two vehicles is through the cream painted gates.
- Mobile phone reception in Redmile is very ‘patchy’ – you may have to walk around both inside and/or outside to find reception for your network.
- There is free wi-fi. The access code is in the visitor information booklet and on a chalk board at eye level near the counter.
- The nearest railway station is three miles away at Bottesford.
Arrival, Unloading and Car Parking
- We ask that arrival is after 3pm unless otherwise agreed. Up to two cars can be accommodated.
- To help with unloading/loading, vehicles can be backed up to the front door.
- We suggest that you park your car facing towards the exit as this makes it easier when leaving the property.
- The cottage will be unlocked, with a key inside the door and someone will normally be available to meet and greet all guests.
- In exceptional circumstances the key will be posted out in advance
- Upon arrival the ‘welcome pack’ will including fresh local free-range eggs (when available) to see you through your end of journey snack or first breakfast.
- Fresh flowers and/or house plants are always in place throughout the property.
Main Entrance and Hallway
- The front door of the cottage is 73cm wide and has a single step of 16cm height which leads directly into the hallway.
- To the left is the L-shaped kitchen/dining/living area and both this and the hall have a solid pine continuous floor.
- On the hall table can be found instructions for all the appliances, a welcome folder with emergency contact details, inventory, places of interest (including a map of Bottesford, the nearest village) etc, a folder with details of local walks, the visitors book and a small book for you to leave details of the places you have enjoyed visiting during your stay.
- The hall has a window either side of the front door, each with curtains.
- Between the left hand window and the living area is a small dresser housing books on shelves and in the cupboard below can be found table linen, mats etc.
- In the kitchen area the work surfaces are all at a height of 90cm.
- There is a clear access space of 119cm by 150cm in the work area. The oven, fridge, freezer, dishwasher and washing machine are all under the work surface.
- The overhead storage cupboards are at a height of 145cm and the electricity trip switches are situated in the cupboard furthest to the left.
- To the right of the front door are five hooks on the wall, at a height of 162cm for coats etc as well as a mat underneath for outside shoes.
- At the end of the hall corridor is an old pew from the village church.
- The cottage is all at ground level, but there is a shallow slope to the bedroom corridor.
- A mains operated smoke alarm is fitted to the ceiling along this part of the corridor.
- The dining table, which sits on a coir mat, is at a height of 76cm and measures 90cm by 140cm. There are four dining chairs
- A set of free-standing shelves houses books for visitors’ use.
- The living area has two leather settees, which can seat six people.
- There is a log-burning stove with fire irons and a guard.
- The television has a 36”screen, Freeview and a DVD player and sits on a wood stand.
- There is a table lamp for subdued lighting, to the left of the fireplace.
- There is a tiled coffee table to match the TV stand which sits on a mat
- There is a set of French doors which lead onto the decked area and garden at the rear of the property. This window has floor length curtains.
Shower Room and WC
- The doorway is 87cm wide.The heated towel rail is wall mounted, just inside the door on the left hand side.
- There is a step of 25cm high to walk into the quadrant shower cubicle. There is a "grab handle" within the shower cubicle.
- The floor is ‘bathroom quality’ water resistant synthetic wood.
- There is a toilet and a wall mounted wash hand basin, which has a mixer tap. In the corner to the right of the door is a cupboard housing the hot water tank, above which is the shaver point.
- There is a mirror above the sink.
- The room is naturally lit by a ‘Velux’ window in the sloping roof.
- There is plenty of clear, unobstructed floor space, a row of hooks at a height of 160cm on the wall to the right of the door and a chair.
- Outside the shower room is a built in cupboard; one side of which houses various games for rainy days or evenings in front of the fire and the other side contains cleaning items, spare toiletries, a clothes airier and a hair dryer.
- This is accessed from the end of the corridor and the door is 74cm wide.
- There is a double bed with all round clearance and a bedside shelf and reading light at each side. There is a wardrobe, set of drawers, dressing table with mirror, lamp and chair.
- An electric cooling fan is stored inside the wardrobe.
- The window is an ‘emergency escape’ type which, when opened, has no centre pillar and therefore can be used as an escape route in case of fire etc.
- The window measures 80cm by 90cm and is curtained.
- The window sill is 124cm from the floor.
- This is accessed from the bedroom corridor and the door is 75cm wide.
- There are twin single beds with a bedside shelf between them with a reading light.
- There is a space of 48cm between the beds.
- There are also ‘over bed’ wall lights and a centre pendant light.
- There is a built in wardrobe behind the door, a set of drawers with lamp and a dressing table with mirror and stool under.
- The window measures 165cm by 90cm and is curtained. The window sill is 74cm from the floor
Grounds and garden
- Green Man Cottage has its own garden which is for the sole use of the cottage occupants.
- Double doors lead from the living area down a step of 15cm out onto a decked area with a table and chairs and then down a further two steps of 15cm and 18cm onto a gravelled area with a picnic table and parasol.
- Three steps of 15cm, 15cm and 17cm lead down from the decked area onto a gravel path which can be used to exit the garden and enter the car parking area.
- There is outside lighting for the decked area – the switch is inside the property to the right hand side of the patio doors at a height of 141cm.
- To the front of the property (outside the double bedroom window) is a small paved area.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere inside the building. There is an ashtray provided on one of the garden tables.
- Departure by 10.00am.
- Please post keys through the owners’ letter box if no-one is available.
- We would appreciate it if the cottage were left in a clean and tidy condition.
Mrs Martha Lowther, 8 Church Corner, Redmile, Nottingham, NG13 0GB
Telephone: 01949 843847
Your feedback is always welcome in order for us to update and improve our facilities. Please phone or email as above.